The College of Charleston’s Greek community announced the winners of the 2013 Borelli Awards, which recognize excellence in scholarship and academics, philanthropy and service, membership and leadership development, campus and community involvement, and citizenship and social development.
Scholarship & Academics
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc., Phi Gamma Delta and Kappa Alpha Theta were awarded Highest GPA.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc., Kappa Sigma and Kappa Alpha Theta were awarded Most Improved GPA.
- Excellence in Academic Programming went to Zeta Phi Beta Soroity, Iinc., Sigma Chi and Kappa Delta.
Philanthropy & Service
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Pi Kappa Phi, and Zeta Tau Alpha were awarded the Philanthropy Donation Award, awarded to the organization in each council that made the largest monetary donation per member.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Phi Gamma Delta, and Alpha Delta Pi were given the Service Award for having the most combined service hours per member.
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc, Phi Gamma Delta, and Kappa Delta were given Excellence in Philanthropy & Service based on philanthropy events and community service events planned by your organization and that you supported sponsored by other organizations and community agencies.
Membership & Leadership Development
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Soroity, Inc., Kappa Sigma, Kappa Delta, and Zeta Tau Alpha were given the Greek Leadership Series Award for having with the greatest attendance at the Greek Leadership & Education programs.
- Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Pi Kappa Alpha, and Kappa Delta were awarded Excellence in Membership & Leadership Development based on their new member education programming, membership education programs, alumni/advisor engagement, and leadership development within the chapter.
Campus & Community Involvement
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Phi Gamma Delta, Delta Delta Delta, and Zeta Tau Alpha were given the Campus Involvement Award for having the highest percentage of members involved in other campus organizations.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Pi Kappa Alpha, and Kappa Delta were awarded for Excellence in Campus & Community Involvement based on involvement and support of organizations and activities that are not service related, including support of athletic events, campus events and programs sponsored by other organizations and departments, and participation in events around the Charleston community.
Citizenship & Social Development
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Phi Gamma Delta, and Kappa Delta were awarded for Excellence in Citizenship & Social Development based on a demonstrated understanding of risk management rules and policies, education and training provided to chapter members about these policies, and participation in socially responsible training events and/or campus organizations.
Chapter of Excellence wereAlpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., Phi Gamma Delta, and Kappa Delta.
Chapter of Achievement wereZeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., Pi Kappa Alpha, Sigma Chi, Alpha Delta Pi, Chi Omega, Delta Gamma, and Zeta Tau Alpha.
Phi Gamma Delta and Kappa Delta were given the EVP Award for Continuous Excellence for maintaining Chapter of Excellence status for three or more years.
Will Coffman (Pi Kappa Phi) and Molly Hatch (Alpha Delta Pi) were named Greek Scholars of the Year.
Matthew Wightman (Pi Kappa Phi) and Ashlan Bishop (Alpha Delta Pi) were named the New Members of the Year.
Marsh Denzell Moto (Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.), Nicholas Biedron (Pi Kappa Alpha) and Shelby Ball (Kappa Delta) were named the Greek Presidents of the Year.
Tyler Tilghman (Sigma Nu president and IFC VP Recruitment) was named the Greek Man of the Year.
Kara Cronin (Alpha Delta Pi president and Panhellenic VP Programming) was named Greek Woman of the Year.
Allison Thompson (Alpha Delta Pi) was named advisor of the year.
Anne Marie Baker (Chi Omega president) was given the Greek Courage Award, with Sarah Gordon (Green Vine editor) as the runner up.