It can be kind of intimidating entering college. First of all, you are surrounded in new place with people you do not know. Second, besides going to class, eating and doing homework; you have a lot of free time on your hands.
The good thing about being in Charleston is that you have many options when it comes to the question “What is there to do around here?”
Here is a short list that should get you through a couple of days:
1 Take a run along the Charleston Battery.
2. Dive into the Stern NiteLife Dive-In Movie at the Stern Center pool.
3. Go to the Beach…Isle of Palms, Sullivan’s Island or Folly Beach…your pick.
4. Throwing the football in Marion Square.
5. Chill at the Farmer’s Market Saturday morning in Marion Square.
6. Sit in Marion Square and watch people throw the football and shop at the Farmer’s Market.
7. Walk the Ravenel Bridge… and walk back.
8. Rush a fraternity or sorority.
9. Discover King Street, Market Street, Broad Street and East Bay Street.
10. Paddleboard in Shem Creek.
11. Live on campus? Go to the Residence Life Block Party.
12. Cool off in the fountains at Waterfront Park.
13. Crash the Stern Center’s 40th Birthday party.
Watch: Stern turning 40.
14.Do something meaningful. Get involved with the urban garden Green Heart Service Project.
15. Stroll through some of the old church graveyards and make up your own ghost stories.
16. Take a gamble at the CAB Casino Night.
17. Find a club to join…then join it.
18. Get into intramural sports.