College of Charleston men’s and women’s basketball teams competed in their first conference games of the season this week.
And with both teams returning to conference play again this weekend –– the men are on the road at Hofstra on January 11, 2014, and the ladies take on William & Mary in TD Arena on January 12, 2014 –– it’s time for Cougar fans to brush-up on their knowledge of the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA).
Go ahead, test your CAA IQ with these 10 questions –– one for each of the current and future members of the conference:
1. Which CAA university’s athletic teams are known as the Fightin’ Blue Hens?
2. John Tyler, 10th President of the United States, is a graduate of which CAA school?
3. Which CAA school has changed its name four different times?
4. Which CAA school hosted a presidential debate in 2012?
5. Which school will move to the CAA in 2014?
6. Which CAA university was founded as a women’s college?
7. Which university is the newest current member of the CAA?
8. Which CAA university operated an undersea research laboratory in Florida until last year?
9. Which CAA university cancelled classes in 1927 to introduce its live mascot?
10. Which CAA university presents its medical school students with a white coat during their first week of classes?
1. University of Delaware; 2. William & Mary; 3. Towson University; 4. Hofstra University; 5. Elon University; 6. James Madison University; 7. College of Charleston; 8. University of North Carolina – Wilmington; 9. Northeastern University; 10. Drexel University