Have you ever been working on a College of Charleston project when your laptop suddenly dies? Maybe you are planning a major presentation, but realize that you don’t have the electronic equipment needed to complete the job.
The Division of Information Technology understands your frustration. That’s why they have the electronic loaner equipment program. This program allows College of Charleston employees the ability to rent, free of charge, a variety of electronic products for a short period of time.
Five things to know about the program:
1. The program is open to all CofC faculty and staff.
2. Products include web cams, laptop computers, video cameras and tripods, iPads, projectors and other electronic equipment.
3. Four ways to take advantage of the program, either walk up to one of the following locations or submit a request online in advance:
- The help desk location Bell Building 5th Floor, Room 525: Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Education Center Atrium: Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Addlestone Library, Room 101: Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- A request can be made online through the loaner equipment request form.
4. It takes about 24 hours for you to get the equipment. Rentals can last up to two weeks.
5. You need to fill out a form and bring your College of Charleston ID to receive the equipment.
Contact the Help Desk with any questions.