Sixteen College of Charleston staff and faculty members recently completed the College’s pilot Leadership Education and Advancement Program (LEAP), a rigorous 12-month learning opportunity focused on enhancing the four disciplines of leadership: mastery of self, thought, results and people.
Led by the Office of Human Resources, LEAP is designed for emerging leaders and recently promoted/first-time supervisors from all areas of the College. In addition to attending monthly half-day group sessions, LEAP participants completed four to six additional hours of preparatory work every month, culminating in a certificate of completion as well as valuable knowledge, resources and tools to prepare them for future leadership roles.
Congratulations to the members of LEAP’s first cohort at the College of Charleston:
- Michael Acree (Information Technology)
- Bucky Buchanan (Campus Recreation)
- Alice Buice (Health Services)
- Jill Caldwell (Student Life)
- Latisha Collins (Controller’s Office)
- Shanon Dooley (Biology)
- Jenny Fowler (Development)
- Sara Elizabeth Gallagher (Development)
- Ana Gilpatrick (Provost’s Office)
- Silvia Youssef Hanna (Academic Advising)
- Erica Harrison-Jones (Financial Assistance and Veterans Affairs)
- Robyn Olejniczak (Graduate School)
- John Abrahm Saunders (Center for Student Learning)
- Sherri Shannon (Human Resources)
- Kate Tiller (Athletics)
- Weishen Wang (Finance)
Picture above (L–R): Silvia Youssef Hanna, Jenny Fowler, Latisha Collins, Shannon Dooley, Robyn Olejniczak, Kate Tiller, Erica Harrison-Jones, Sara Gallagher, Jill Caldwell, Ana Gilpatrick, Sherri Shannon, Kristen Halverson (Human Resources), Michael Acree and Alice Buice.