You’ve done your homework and toured a slew of college campuses, and now it’s time to throw your hat in the ring and apply.
The College of Charleston’s new online application for the 2020–21 academic year is live and ready for the next generation of Cougars. High school seniors may apply for acceptance into the Class of 2024. Online applications for the next academic year are also available for the Honors College and transfer students.
The College of Charleston admissions committee will look at more than just test scores. But often, applicants and their parents want to know what the average freshman who enrolls at the College looks like. So, here’s what the middle 50 percent of freshmen accepted look like:
- scored between 1100 and 1250 (in state), and 1120 and 1280 (out of state) on the SAT
- scored between 21 and 27 (in state), and 24 and 29 (out of state) on the ACT
- had consistent academic achievement in the A/B range
For a holistic review of a prospective student’s application, however, the admissions committee will consider a variety of elements beyond test scores and GPA, including the following:
- overall academic preparedness
- talents and leadership qualifications
- extra-curricular activities and other achievements
For more information on academic preparation for enrollment to the College of Charleston, visit the Office of Admissions website.
Application deadlines are as follows: early decision, Nov. 1, 2019; early action, Dec. 1, 2019; and regular notification, Feb. 15, 2020. For acceptance for the spring semester, applications are due by Nov. 1, 2019. Visit the Office of Admissions website for more information on application deadlines.