The College of Charleston is reminding students to think first this Halloween when it comes to your safety, your health and your costume and party theme choices.
Halloween is a time for gathering with friends, dressing up and having fun. But it’s important to think first before making choices that harm you or others. Here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- If you go out, be sure to go out with people you trust. Stay in groups and pairs.
- Make a plan in case you get separated from your friends. Use the LiveSafe App to let people know where you are.
- Don’t share food, drinks or utensils.
- When selecting a costume stop and think if your attire perpetuates cruel stereotypes that are harmful to other people. Always think twice and be respectful.
- If you’re not sure whether your costume crosses a line, just remember this: It is NEVER acceptable to paint your face any color to represent another race or culture.
Students are responsible for following the College of Charleston Code of Conduct on and off campus.
Think first and have a great Halloween!