Everybody loves a good deal. And if you’ve checked out any of the free news and media resources in the College of Charleston Libraries A–Z Databases List, you know that the College of Charleston community has access to thousands of great deals.
Free access to everything from The New York Times and the Post and Courier to Inside Higher Ed and the Chronicle of Higher Education isn’t the only thing that the database offers, though: It also gives you access to some pretty great deals at places like Target, Kohl’s and Home Depot!
That’s because – thanks to the School of Business – CofC students, faculty and staff have free access the Wall Street Journal Online, which offers subscribers hundreds of coupons, promo codes and discounts to national chains. The offers are constantly being updated, but here are a few highlights of current offers:
- Walmart: There are currently 12 coupons and 69 deals, including a $10 coupon for any of the store’s departments and 80 percent off back-to-school supplies.
- Forever 21: There are currently two coupons and 13 offers, including 40 percent off all online purchases.
- Old Navy: There are currently nine offers, including 50 percent off all jeans.
- Hulu: There are currently 13 offers, including $11.99/month for a no-ad subscription.
- Apple: There are currently 37 offers, including $399 for an iPhone SE.
- Samsung: There are currently 23 offers and one coupon, including 30 percent off for students and teachers.
- Wayfair: There are currently three coupons and 35 offers, including $100 coupons and 70 percent off of area rugs.
- Macy’s: There are currently eight coupons and 26 offers, including 20 percent off and free shipping.
To take advantage of these deals, you must first access your complimentary membership to the Wall Street Journal Online by following this link to the library record and clicking “Resource Link” under “View Online.” Next, create an account with your MyCharleston credentials on the registration page. Once your account is verified, visit WSJ.com and scroll to the bottom of the page to view the sponsored offers.