As classes get underway this month, instruction and what professors need for the fall 2020 semester will undoubtedly be different. And the College of Charleston Libraries are here to assist faculty through these changes in the safest ways possible.
Virtual services at all libraries continue to be available throughout the semester, including instruction, research assistance and Addlestone Library circulating material pickup/return. Here’s what faculty need to know:
- Librarians and archivists are available to provide information literacy instruction synchronously via Zoom or asynchronously via video tutorial. (They will not be available for in-person assistance this fall.)
- Library subject liaisons can help faculty create instructional course guides for students, which can be posted in OAKS. To search for a subject liaison, look under “Library Info” in the righthand column of the libraries’ website, scroll to “Subject Liaisons and Resources” and click “View Here.”
- Librarians and archivists are available via Zoom for research assistance. Appointments can be scheduled online.
- Library material pickup appointments are also available.
- There will be no hard copy reserves during the fall 2020 semester. To request online materials, faculty should consult with collection development.
For a full listing of library support for faculty, visit the Faculty Services page of the libraries’ website. Other information to note:
- The Marlene and Nathan Addlestone Library is open only to CofC students, faculty and staff; Friends of the Library (FOL); or those with appointments. Cougar Cards, FOL cards or appointment emails are required for entry.
- Addlestone Library entry/exit is only accessible through the Rivers Green doors.
- Face coverings and social distancing are required at all times.
- All library book returns, including ILL and PASCAL returns, should be left in the book drops.
- Special Collections, the Marine Resources Library and the Avery Research Center for African American History and Culture are accessible by appointment only. Hours and links for each location are available on the libraries’ website.