College of Charleston President Andrew T. Hsu shared the following message regarding CofC business hours with the campus community on Monday, Aug. 24, 2020:
Dear Campus Community,
As we prepare for the first day of remote classes on Tuesday, August 25, I’m writing to update you on which campus offices and services will maintain in-person office hours and how students, faculty and staff who need to be on campus can obtain face coverings and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
CofC Business Hours During Remote Learning Period
The following list of campus offices will be open and staffed during the remote learning period beginning on Tuesday, August 25. As noted below, some offices will maintain normal operating hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, but all listed locations will, at a minimum, be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. during the remote learning period.
Please note: At this time, the vast majority of faculty and staff will still work remotely, to the extent possible.
Employees have already or should expect directives from their supervisors and will receive written follow-up communications from supervisors and/or division heads regarding individual staffing and work schedules.
- President’s Office
- Visitor Center
- Financial Aid
- Veterans Affairs
- Information Technology
- IT Service Desk (Walk-in at Bell Building 525: Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- By phone at 843.953.3375 or chat (https://chat.help.cofc.edu) Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Affairs
- Treasurer’s Office
- Campus Services HQ (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Copy Center
- Mail Services (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Human Resources
- Central Stores (on-site in North Charleston, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- TD Arena Offices
- Student Affairs (NOTE: Call 843.953.5522 for access to Stern Student Center, if you need to meet with a staff member)
- Student Affairs administration (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Higdon Center
- Career Center
- Multicultural Student Programs and Services (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Dean of Students (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Student Health Services (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Residence Life (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Collegiate Recovery (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Cougar Pantry (by appointment, 843.953.2291)
- Facilities Management
- Shop Support (7 a.m. to 5 p.m., 24-hour support for emergencies)
- Academic Affairs
- Addlestone Library (Monday–Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Sunday, 12:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, closed for deep cleaning)
- Provost’s Office
- Registrar (shared consultation kiosk with Academic Experience outside Lightsey Center)
- Deans’ offices
- Center for International Education
- Academic Experience (shared consultation kiosk with Registrar outside Lightsey Center)
- Public Safety
- Police and Fire (24-hour support)
Face Coverings and Hand Sanitizer
Students who need to come to campus prior to the start of in-person learning may pick up face coverings and hand sanitizer from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (August 25–27) outside the Stern Student Center on George Street. Numerous additional face covering and hand sanitizer distribution opportunities will be provided closer to September 11 and through the first weeks of in-person classes.
The College is providing two cloth face masks and one bottle of hand sanitizer to each faculty and staff member at no charge to their departments.
Each department should submit a request on behalf of all returning faculty and staff in their area(s) so delivery can be made to the department for distribution. Please use the following link to submit a Supply Distribution Form:
You will need to provide the following information on the form:
- Point of contact name
- Point of contact phone number
- Department name
- Delivery address
- Total quantity of masks
- Total quantity of hand sanitizer
- Names of employees receiving supplies
For additional items or quantities please initiate a normal requisition/purchase request via eProcure to Central Stores. When submitting the requisition please include the COVID-19 Activity code (A00001) alongside your departmental index and account. This will assist in tracking COVID-19-related expenses for possible reimbursement.
Once orders are received and processed by Central Stores, you will be contacted to coordinate a delivery date and time.
I want to take this opportunity to again thank everyone on campus for their amazing efforts to get everything up and ready for the start of the semester, and also thank you for all of your hard work and perseverance this past year.
If you are like me, you’ve found these most recent days filled equal parts with anxiety and anticipation. Your resilience and creativity in these very challenging times are inspiring not only to me personally, but also to our students and families. While this will certainly be a semester unlike any other that we have faced in our lifetimes, our work together to educate our students and prepare them for the future does not stop. And because of the important work we do now, we will all have a brighter tomorrow together.
Andrew T. Hsu, Ph.D.
College of Charleston