The College of Charleston will offer on-campus COVID-19 testing to students over the next two weeks ahead of the start of in-person classes on Sept. 14, 2020.
All students who will be living in any College-operated residence hall or historic home will be required to submit a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) or antigen COVID-19 test result (positive or negative) taken on or after Aug. 28 prior to moving in or returning to campus. Students who live off campus are also strongly encouraged to submit a PCR or an antigen test result (positive or negative) prior to returning to campus.
Students are encouraged to be tested at a location that will allow them to submit results to the College prior to Sept. 8, 2020. For students who would like to be tested on campus, the College will be partnering with MUSC (Medical University of South Carolina) Health to provide a walk-up site for PCR testing.
MUSC Health will be on George Street outside the Stern Student Center on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, Sept. 3, 8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 4, 8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 10, 8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 11, 8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 12, 8:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. *Due to low enrollment, this testing date has been cancelled.*
Students are required to bring or do the following at the testing site:
- College ID
- Other personal identification (such as Driver’s License or State ID)
- Email Address
- Wear a Mask
- Practice Social Distancing
Students may voluntarily, but are not required to, provide the following at the testing site:
- Insurance Card (to be submitted to MUSC for claim processing by MUSC. Testing will not be denied for students who do not have an insurance card.)
- A signed MUSC HIPAA Release (A signed release allows MUSC to securely communicate with CofC Student Health Services. If you choose not to sign a release, MUSC cannot share your test results with CofC Student Health Services. If you are required to have a test and choose not to sign a release, you must submit your test results directly to CofC Student Health Services.)
Appointment times for the on-campus testing are available now. To help with social distancing and timing of appointments, please use the following link to schedule your appointment for testing: https://square.site/book/LXRET9AD52B30/college-of-charleston-covid-testing-charleston-sc.
Although there will be testing available on move-in days, if you are an on-campus student please do not anticipate being able to move into your residence hall if you get tested during these dates. Students moving into on-campus housing will still have to wait a few days for test results to be uploaded and approved. Move-in for students living in on-campus housing will be held Sept. 11–13.
If you are traveling and plan to wait until you are in Charleston to be tested, you can stay in local hotels until your results are known and uploaded to the Student Health Services documentation system and you have been cleared for move-in. Discounted hotel rates can be found here: http://www.cofc.edu/visit/placestostay.php.