Got your eyes peeled for a great deal on contact lenses? Keeping an ear out for savings on hearing aids? You’re going to like what you see: Between the State Health Plan and the College’s employee assistance program, College of Charleston employees are up to their ears in discounts and savings on contact lenses, eyeglass frames, hearing aids and more. They just have to know where to look!
Below are some of the offers that caught our eye. The savings are loud and clear!
BlueCross BlueShield (BCBS) of South Carolina offers State Health Plan members and their eligible family members a value-added hearing aid savings program through Blue365. Members who already have a hearing aid allowance in their insurance plan may still combine it with the Blue365 deals to save even more.
TruHearing is an exclusive provider of the BCBS Hearing Discount Program. Members save 30–60 percent, an average of $980 per hearing aid. The program includes access to three provider visits for fitting and adjustments, 48 free batteries per hearing aid and a three-year manufacturer warranty for repairs and a one-time replacement. A full list of products and savings is available on the TruHearing website. For more information, check out this flyer and redeem the offer here.
Other current BCBS Blue365 Hearing Discount Program offers include:
- BelTone: Blue365 members receive a complimentary hearing screening and discounted prices on hearing aids – as low as $995.
- Hear USA: Members receive free hearing screenings, unlimited service office visits for one year and 30–73 percent off of hearing aids.
- American Hearing Benefits: Members and their families save an average of $1,100 per hearing aid – from premium to entry level technology.
BCBS of South Carolina offers State Health Plan members and their eligible family members a value-added vision discount program, whether they have vision coverage through their health plan or not.
EyeMed is the primary provider for the BCBS Vision Discount Program. Members may present their BCBS member ID card at a participating Vision Discount Program locations to get $5 off the regular fee for eyeglass eye exams or $10 off exams for contact lenses and 35 percent off retail for any frame available. Standard uncoated plastic lenses range from $50 (single vision) to $105 (trifocal), with discounts on all additional lens options. Members also receive 20 percent off of other add-ons and services and 15 percent off the retail price for Lasik or PRK from the US Laser Network.
Other current BCBS Blue365 Vision Discount Program offers include:
- Croakies: Blue365 members enjoy 25 percent off of sunglass straps, belts and accessories – as well as free shipping on orders $25 or more.
- Jonathan Paul Fitovers: Members receive $10 off of Fitovers eyewear.
The College’s employee assistance program, Deer Oaks EAP, offers a variety of discounts through the Perks At Work program, including several offers for vision deals. The following are just a few of the vision deals offered to College of Charleston employees:
- Glasses USA: 65 percent off frames
- 1-800 Contacts: 20 percent off for new customers and 10 percent off for returning customers; free shipping
- LensCrafters: 20 percent off on a complete pair
- Oakley: 15 percent off and free shipping
- Liingo Eyewear: $20 off any order
- Ray-Ban: 15 percent off and free shipping
- Baxter Blue Glasses: 15 percent off and free shipping
- DiscountContactLenses.com: 20 percent off first purchase
- 39DollarGlasses.com: 10 percent off eyeglasses
- 1800AnyLens.com: 15 percent off and free shipping
To access the Perks At Work website, first log into Deer Oaks website, then click on Savings Center under the Centers menu. From there, follow the directions to register for the Perks At Work access. Once in the Perks at Work Savings Center, go to the Physical Wellbeing tab and then check the box next to Vision & Hearing category.