Nominations for the 2021 ExCEL Awards are open through 5 p.m. on Wednesday, March 3, 2021.
The annual Excellence in Collegiate Education and Leadership (ExCEL) Awards program honors faculty, staff, students and members of the College community who promote excellence and contribute to the College’s core values of diversity and inclusion.
The ExCEL Awards Committee is accepting nominations for all award categories. For nominating criteria and to nominate a faculty member, staff member, student or CofC community member, please go directly to the nomination form for the individual award:
- Outstanding Students of the Year (separate nomination forms for each school, including the Graduate School)
- Student Sustainability Award
- Outstanding Faculty of the Year (separate nomination forms for each school, including the Graduate School)
- Outstanding Staff Awards (separate criteria and nomination forms for three different awards: Outstanding Staff Member of the Year Award, Unsung Champion Award, Excellence in Customer Service Award)
- Administrator of the Year Award
- Distinguished Faculty in Sustainability Literacy Award
- SafeZone Humanity Award
- The Eddie Ganaway Distinguished Alumni Award
- Presidential Legacy Awards (separate nomination form for four different awards: President Leo I. Higdon Outstanding Leadership Award, President Alex Sanders Outstanding Public Service Award, President Theodore Stern Visionary Award, President Harry Lightsey Humanitarian Award)
To submit your nominations, please visit https://cofc.edu/excelawards/.
Recipients will be recognized on the Office of Multicultural Student Programs and Services website and at the ExCEL Awards Ceremony at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 24, 2021, via Microsoft Teams. Follow this link to attend: https://go.cofc.edu/excelawards.