Above: (L-R) Men’s golf team member Logan Sowell, men’s basketball player Payton Willis and track and field team member Cate Ambrose.
It takes dedication, determination and drive for the College of Charleston’s student-athletes to compete at the top of their game. It also takes support from the Cougar Nation to make sure our student-athletes have what they need to be successful both on and off the field of play.
That’s why the College of Charleston Athletic Fund will host a virtual auction from 9 a.m. on April 1, 2021, through 9 p.m. on April 3, 2021. Presented by Pinnacle Financial Partners and Palmetto Ford, all proceeds from the auction benefit the Cougar Club Annual Fund, which supports the scholarship needs of more than 350 student-athletes at the College.
“Throughout the past 12 months we have been challenged with ways to engage our community while still striving to raise the funds needed to support our student-athletes,” says Director of Athletics Matt Roberts. “The virtual auction is a fun, creative way that you can make a difference for CofC Athletics.”
Those who participate will have the opportunity to bid on more than 80 items, including sports memorabilia, exclusive experiences, golf outings, local artwork and much more.
Some of the items up for bid include:
- Item #136: Dinner at 6 Glebe St. with President Hsu, First Lady Chen, Athletics Director Matt Roberts and his wife Amanda. This includes cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and a three-course dinner with wine pairings in the dining room.
- Item #146: 18k White Gold Flexible Bracelet with .4 ct. diamonds from Croghan’s Jewel Box
- Items #106-108: Le Creuset kitchenware
- Item #104: The Ultimate Charleston Gift Bag full of local goodies and a Charleston Area VIP Pass which includes access to 40 area tours and attractions for you and a guest
- Item #140: Golf for four on Cougar Point at Kiawah Island Golf Resort
The Cougar Club Annual Fund provides full scholarship support, including funding for tuition, housing, books and miscellaneous expenses. Support to the Cougar Club Annual Fund allows student-athletes the opportunity to a play the sport they love, obtain a world-class education at the College of Charleston and become future leaders in the community.
“I encourage members of the Cougar Nation to participate in the virtual auction and help us raise money that goes directly to support our student-athletes and their athletic and academic pursuits,” says Roberts. “Happy bidding, and Go Cougars!”
To participate, you must register for the virtual auction on the College of Charleston Athletic Fund portal via Qtego Fundraising Services. Those who register by March 29, 2021, will be automatically entered to win a Harris Teeter gift card. Those interested in supporting the auction by donating an item can send inquiries to Anna Vergelli, development associate for the College of Charleston Athletic Fund, at firstname.lastname@example.org.