It’s never easy to say goodbye – especially to a member of the College of Charleston family. But sometimes it’s cause for celebration, too.
Such is the case for the 12 employees who’ve retired from the College between January and July 2021.
“We are grateful to all of our employees who have retired since January, and we salute them for everything they have done to make the College a better place,” says Ed Pope, vice president of human resources at the College of Charleston. “They certainly deserve a happy and relaxing retirement, and we wish them all the best in the next chapter of their lives.”
Best wishes and a huge “thank you” goes out to the following recently retired College of Charleston staff and faculty!
- James Bowring, Department of Computer Science
- Gwendolyn Burns, Custodial Services, Facilities Management
- John Creed, Department of Political Science
- Sandra Cultra, Office of Human Resources
- Stephanie Johnston, Early Childhood Development Center
- Brent Laing, Department of Theatre and Dance
- David Mindler, Building and Equipment Management, Facilities Management
- Patricia Moss, Cougar Club, Athletics
- Mary Powell, Custodial Services, Facilities Management
- Annette Simmons, Custodial Services, Facilities Management
- Suzette Stille, Office of Admissions
- Mary White, Early Childhood Development Center