The College of Charleston’s COVID-19 Leadership Team shared the following message regarding updated COVID-19 protocols on Thursday, April 28, 2022:
Dear Campus Community,
As you may know, state and federal public health agencies are treating COVID-19 as an endemic virus due to declining case numbers and hospitalization rates as well as the widespread availability of vaccines and testing options.
Consistent with this approach, the College of Charleston is adopting the guidelines listed below for Maymester and Summer sessions. The College expects to announce guidelines for the Fall 2022 semester in mid-July.
Guidelines for Maymester and Summer Sessions:
- For students living off-campus, there will be no pre-arrival vaccination or testing requirements. The College will be communicating directly with students living on campus regarding COVID-19 guidelines for Maymester/Summer.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is strongly encouraged. Vaccine and booster clinics will continue to be offered weekly outside of Student Health Services through July 6, 2022. Check the Back on the Bricks website for dates and times.
- Students and employees who self-report a positive COVID-19 test will receive an automated e-mail containing health information and safety protocols.
- Students living on campus who self-report a positive COVID-19 test must isolate off-campus in accordance with College guidelines.
- COVID-19 testing clinics on campus will be paused for summer following the last clinic date on May 4, 2022. Off-campus COVID-19 testing options are listed on the Back on the Bricks website.
- The campus community can order free COVID-19 test kits from the federal government at: https://www.covidtests.gov/. Employees can also pick up test kits for free from Human Resources.
Questions about the College’s COVID-19 guidelines can be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all members of our campus community for continuing to adhere to these campus guidelines.
CofC COVID-19 Leadership Team