Renovation projects are getting underway this week at the College of Charleston’s Craig Hall and Marlene and Nathan Addlestone Library.
Beginning May 9, 2022, the Admissions Visitor Center and Office of Admissions (65 George St.) will temporarily relocate to the second floor of the Robert Scott Small Building (RSS, 175 Calhoun St.) due to mechanical renovations in Craig Hall. All prospective students and families will begin their visit in the main lobby of RSS, which will be staffed during normal business hours.
Craig Hall will re-open shortly before the 2022-23 academic year begins in August.
This summer also marks the beginning of the transformation of the Marlene and Nathan Addlestone Library’s first floor. Upon completion of the project, Addlestone will feature:
- Additional collaborative spaces for students
- An expanded Access and Instruction Desk to support student and faculty research
- Two professional podcast studios
- Permanent exhibit drawn from the collection of the John M. Rivers Communications Museum
To avoid disruption to students and faculty, the major phases of renovation are slated to occur during summer and winter breaks.
Addlestone Library will remain open during all phases of renovation. Important dates for summer 2022:
- May 3 – All Access & Instruction Services will be available in person at the service desk at the Rivers Green entrance and online at answers.library.cofc.edu
- May 9 – Construction begins.
- Aug. 8 – Initial renovation set to wrap up for the Aug. 22 start of the fall semester.
The following entrances and areas of Addlestone Library will be temporarily closed during summer 2022:
- Calhoun Street Entrance
- Main Access and Instruction Desk
- Rooms 120, 121, 122 and 127
The Rivers Green Entrance and Service Desk; rooms 227, 236 and 360; Starbucks (8 a.m. – 2 p.m.); and the loading dock will remain open throughout the summer.
Summer hours for College of Charleston Libraries May 16 – Aug. 10 are as follows:
- Addlestone – M-Th: 7:30 a.m. – 9 p.m. | F: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Sa: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Su: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Avery Research Center & Special Collections – by appointment only
- Marine Resources Library – 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Please check the Libraries’ homepage for the most up to date hours this summer.