Saying goodbye to a member of the College of Charleston family is never easy – but sometimes it’s cause for celebration.
Such is the case for the 20 employees who’ve retired from the College between January and June 2022.
“We are grateful to all of our employees who have retired over the past six months, and we salute them for everything they have done to make the College a better place,” says Ed Pope, vice president of human resources at the College of Charleston. “They certainly deserve a happy and relaxing retirement, and we wish them all the best in the next chapter of their lives.”
Best wishes and a huge “thank you” goes out to the following recently retired College of Charleston staff and faculty!
- Debye Alderman, Division of Institutional Advancement
- Julie Birt, Office of Human Resources
- James Carter, Department of Mathematics
- Karen Chandler, Arts Management Program
- Angela Cozart, Department of Teacher Education
- Goffery Davis, Networking and Engineering, Division of Information Technology
- Jean Everett, Department of Biology
- Hope Florence, Department of Mathematics
- Mary Beth Heston, Department of Art and Architectural History
- Debra Jones, Office of Financial Assistance and Veterans Affairs
- Carol Leopold, Department of Teacher Education
- Tony Lessington, Office of Enrollment Information
- David McDonough, Department of Public Safety
- Dinesh Sarvate, Department of Mathematics
- Kelly Shaver, Department of Management and Marketing
- Robert Taylor, Department of Music
- James Ward, Department of Art and Architectural History
- Albertha Williams, Custodial Services, Facilities Management