Part of the Division of Business Affairs, Campus Services includes seven offices, from Campus Housing to the Sottile Theatre, all dedicated to enhancing the College of Charleston experience.
Campus Services HQ is one of those offices. Located at 162 Calhoun St., Campus Services HQ is your one-stop shop for information about the Cougar Card, meal plans and dining, campus housing, vending, and campus parking and transportation. The HQ team can also help with other Campus Services programs, including the College of Charleston Bookstore, George Street Box Office, the Office of Mail Services and Sottile Theatre.
With such a broad reach across campus, Campus Services always has something going on. Here’s just a few recent examples:
- Parking Permit Updates – Campus Services HQ introduced new parking permit hangtags that employees will renew and reuse annually instead of getting a new one each year. To support these permanent hangtags, employees will keep the same assigned lot or garage each year. If an employee would like to be reassigned, they should put their name on the wish list (based on years of state service) by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out more on The College Today.
- Dining Services Updates: Dining Services worked hard during Hurricane Ian to keep students safe and fed. Efforts included passing out free candy and snacks; hosting a cornhole tournament and Marvel Movie Marathon at Liberty St. Fresh Food Company and removing the 30-minute meal tap delay so students could grab multiple meals from Market 159 at one time. And, in October, Dining Services partnered with the Hispanic Latino Club and the Cougar Activities Board to celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month at Liberty St. Fresh Food Company. Learn more about how Dining Services has been supporting students and the campus community.
- Campus Housing Updates: Every summer, Campus Housing gets busy refreshing and renovating some of the College’s 20+ residence halls and historic houses. These can be relatively small updates, like refreshing paint throughout all residences, to full renovations – including all new flooring, fixtures and finishes – as was completed in Glenn McConnell Residence Hall this year. Some renovations take longer, and with McAlister Hall offline this year, Campus Housing made up for lost space by adding beds to 1 and 20 Warren Place plus a lounge to 1 Warren, and by leasing 99 St. Philip Street.
Glenn McConnell Residence Hall, before and after.
Quick Tips for Faculty and Staff
- The Faculty/Staff Meal Plan can now be used at Einstein Bros. Bagels and all P.O.D. Express locations! This is in addition to City Bistro, Liberty Street Fresh Food Co., Market 159 and Marty’s Place. In a hurry? Try the Transact mobile app – now available for Einstein Bros., too. Download the app for Apple or Android.
- Shop at the College of Charleston Bookstore. Employees get a 10% discount using their Cougar Card for personal purchases and a 20% discount for departmental purchases.
- The George Street Box Office (GSBO) provides ticketing and box office services for all non-athletic events and all events at the Sottile Theatre. If you are hosting a paid ticketed event, you must contact the GSBO to get set up for ticketing services. And if you’re interested in attending great events, sign up for the GSBO newsletter!
- Save yourself time! You can ship or mail personal packages (think pesky returns) for multiple carriers (FedEx, UPS, DHL, USPS) in the Office of Mail Services. Don’t forget mail services can also handle your passport needs (including getting your picture taken). Make your appointment today!
Visit Campus Services in person at 162 Calhoun St. or email email@example.com call 843.953.1100, or text 843.825.1323. You can also get answers through the Campus Services web form and through MyPortal.