The American Red Cross is holding three separate blood drives at the College of Charleston Feb. 22, March 1 and April 5, 2023.
All three blood drives, which will be held in the Stern Student Center at 71 George St., are open to faculty, staff, students and the public. There will be different incentives for donors attending each event:
- Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2023. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – All donors will receive a $10 Amazon E-gift card and will be entered for the chance to win a beach vacation for two to Clearwater, Florida.
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – All donors will receive a $10 Visa E-gift card and will be entered for the chance to win a $3,000 prepaid Visa gift card.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2023. 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. – All donors will receive an exclusive Red Cross / PEANUTS T-shirt featuring Snoopy
Appointments are highly encouraged to ensure a quick and easy donor experience. Walk-ins are welcome.
Two types of appointments are available:
- Power Red: A Power Red donation collects the red cells but returns most of the plasma and platelets to the donor. These donors must have type A Neg, B Neg or O blood. These donations are vital and count for two units of blood for one donation.
- Blood: The most common type of donation, during which approximately a pint of “whole blood” is given.
To make an appointment for any of these blood drives, call 1.800.RED CROSS or visit RedCrossBlood.org and enter sponsor code “CofC” in the “Find a Blood Drive” field in the top right-hand corner.