Earlier this month, the Division of Information Technology introduced its new IT Service Desk, which combines all the services previously offered by the IT HelpDesk, Student Computing Support and Telephone Services under one unified team.
The name change from IT HelpDesk to IT Service Desk better describes the functions of the team, which proactively works to develop strategic, long-term solutions to concerns and issues. Services available to faculty and staff include account assistance, repairs on College-owned computers, loaner equipment check-out (laptops, iPads, projectors, video cameras, etc.) and in-person technology assistance.
There are multiple ways to access the services of the new IT Service Desk:
- Online with the Self-Service Portal, where users can:
- Chat with an IT Service Desk technician, Mondays through Fridays, 7:30 a.m.–10 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays, 2–10 p.m.
- Search the Knowledge Base, a searchable collection of articles intended to inform and empower users to troubleshoot and solve issues on their own
- Submit a service request for an IT Service Desk ticket
- At one of the three walk-up locations:
- BellSouth Building, room 525: Mondays–Thursdays, 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m., and Friday, 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Thaddeus Street Jr. Education Center, Atrium: Mondays–Thursdays, 7:30 a.m.–5 p.m., and Friday, 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Marlene and Nathan Addlestone Library, Access and Instruction Desk: Mondays–Thursdays, 7:30 a.m.–9 p.m., and Friday, 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Lightsey Center, second floor: Mondays–Thursdays, 11 a.m.–5 p.m., and Friday, 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
- Directly calling 843.953.3375 or emailing email@example.com , which replaces the firstname.lastname@example.org email address. (Please adjust your Outlook address book accordingly.) Email and phone services are available Mondays through Fridays, 7:30 a.m.–10 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays, 2–10 p.m.