In order to stay healthy during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic while continuing to serve College of Charleston students, faculty and staff, the Office of Mail Services has made the following adjustments to its operations:
- Departmental deliveries have been suspended. Departments and offices should arrange for one individual to pick up/drop off their area’s mail and email email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of contact person for mail
- Email address
- Preferred day(s) for pickup/drop-off
- The service window is closed.
- Inbound mail and packages for individuals will be available for pickup only from the locker banks located in the Mail Services lobby. Once a package is placed in a locker, its recipient will receive an email with instructions on how to retrieve it.
- The copier in the Mail Services lobby is still available for copying and printing. You will need your Cougar Card using pre-loaded Cougar Cash ($0.10/page) and a flash drive with your files if you are printing.
The Mail Services staff is following CDC guidelines for hand washing and using hand sanitizer, and is cleaning frequently touched surfaces and objects (e.g., tables, countertops, light switches, doorknobs, parcel lockers, kiosks, hand trucks/carts and delivery vehicle interior) daily.
The U.S. Postal Service is also undertaking all reasonable measures to minimize the impact to its customers and their plan is to continue delivering mail. Additional statements regarding the continuation of their services and details related to virus transmission and the safety of mail/packages can be found on the USPS website.
The Office of Mail Services will continue to update the College community as needed. For more information, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.