The Staff Advisory Committee to the President (SAC) has announced the results of its 2020 divisional and temporary representative elections. All representatives began their new terms on July 1, 2020.
The following divisional representatives will serve on SAC for three years:
- Athletics: Kate Tiller, Director of Academic Services
- Student Affairs: Dave Aurich, Associate Dean of Students
- Facilities and Planning: Brad Weiland, Senior Project Manager
- Information Technology: Tracy Bates, IT Campus Lab Manager
- Institutional Advancement: Karen Jones, Director of Communication for Alumni Engagement
The new temporary employee representative is Samantha Pairet, head cheerleading coach in the Athletics Department, who will serve on SAC for one year.
The purpose of SAC is to advise the president of the College of Charleston about staff opinions concerning matters of importance to the staff and institution, to receive the president’s requests for advice and counsel regarding matters relevant to the staff, to increase awareness of the staff’s contributions to the College and to promote the recognition of outstanding staff.