The College of Charleston Staff Advisory Committee to the President (SAC) has announced the results of the 2021 elections for its open at-large and organizational seats.
The new SAC at-large representatives are as follows:
- Darcy Everett, Climate Manager/Zero Waste Coordinator, Office of Sustainability
- Melissa Ochal, Associate Director, Center for International Education
- Markus Williams, Interim Electrical Shop Assistant Supervisor, Facilities Management
The new SAC at-large temporary employee representative is Director of Jewish Student Life Deborah (Deb) Silver, Yaschik/Arnold Jewish Studies Program.
The new SAC organizational representatives are as follows:
- Academic Schools: Marla Robertson, Program Coordinator/CAP Director, M.P.A. Program
- Grounds and Custodial Services: Steve Robinson, Groundskeeper, Grounds
- Public Safety: Peter Russell, Sergeant, Department of Public Safety
- University Marketing and Enrollment Planning: Kenyatta Grimmage, Associate Director of Admissions, Office of Admissions
Permanent staff representatives will serve for three years, and the temporary staff representative will serve for one year. The term for the newly elected members begins July 1, 2021.
SAC values the unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences of all College of Charleston staff and aims to provide representation from all areas of the College to support an inclusive workplace that inspires excellence and innovation resulting in a thriving staff community.
The purpose of SAC is to advise the president about staff opinions concerning matters of importance to the staff and institution, to receive the president’s requests for advice and counsel regarding matters relevant to the staff, to increase awareness of the staff’s contributions to the College and to promote the recognition of outstanding staff.
Email email@example.com with questions or for additional information.