The School of Business is holding an information session on Wednesday, Oct. 13, 2021, from 12 to 12:45 p.m., for College of Charleston faculty and staff interested in the Bachelor of Professional Studies (BPS) and/or Project Management Certificate programs or the continuing education courses offered through the Center for Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE).
College of Charleston employees are eligible for a 10% discount on CCPE courses. This discount applies to education opportunities and other programming for non-degree–seeking students, including:
- Executive Education: Designed to develop effective and influential leaders, the CCPE’s executive education programming includes the Leadership Roundtable, where professionals learn about managing upward, creating a unified team, giving difficult feedback and building networks within a new management role, among other things.
- Professional Development: The CCPE’s professional development programs offer fast-track training opportunities for professionals, students and new college graduates. These include:
- Professional Licensing and Exam Preparation: The CCPE offers licensing courses and programs to prepare participants for testing, such as:
The faculty/staff discount code for these CCPE programs is STAFFCOFC.
In addition, CofC employees may take BPS courses or the Project Management Certificate courses for free through the College’s Employee Tuition Assistance Program (ETAP).
With ETAP, employees can complete their bachelor’s degree for free, earning a BPS with concentrations in applied communication, health care and medical services management, organizational management and development, and project management. Features of the BPS program include:
- Fully online or evening classes via Zoom that meet one night a week
- Half-semester express classes
- Practical coursework that allows immediate application to students’ work
- Full access to School of Business Success Center staff and resources
Employees can also earn their Project Management Certificate through ETAP. Offered in a flexible and streamlined format, the six courses in this undergraduate certificate program can be completed outside of traditional working hours and will prepare students to sit for the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification examination.
To learn more about these programs, join the School of Business via Zoom for the Faculty/Staff Professional Education Information Session at 12 p.m. on Oct. 13, 2021.