The workshops provide faculty members with clear, practical tips and guidance on useful topics such as creating Google Forms, recording your classes and deterring cheating. Sessions will be recorded, and registration is required. Recorded sessions, registration links and more information about the individual workshops is available on the TLT Workshops and Professional Development Sessions page.
The following workshops are scheduled for the fall 2021 semester:
- Oct. 8: Improving Student Engagement – Whether you are teaching in the classroom, online or hybrid, you want to ensure your students are engaged in your class and motivated to learn. In this course, we will discuss several strategies that might help to increase student engagement and motivation including ARCS, the 6 Cs and ways to make learning more fun. Come prepared to share some of your own classroom experiences. Sign up for Improving Student Engagement.
- Oct. 15: Creating Interactive Student Learning Objects using Lumi & H5P – Learn to create interactive learning objects that you can use to help your students learn, engage them and test their knowledge. Lumi and H5P work together to allow you to quickly and easily create these learning objects that can be used in and out of OAKS. Sign up for Creating Student Learning Objects.
- Oct. 22: Recording your classes with PURPOSE – Learn how to record your Zoom sessions efficiently, both when teaching fully online and hybrid. Recording your classes can benefit you in the future. Sign up for Recording your classes with PURPOSE.
- Oct. 29: Tricks and Treats in Zoom – Learn how to do closed captioning and transcript options in Zoom. Share other tricks and treats you’ve learned. Sign up for Tricks and Treats in Zoom.
- Nov. 5: Best Practices in Assessment – Let’s explore some new possibilities for assessments together. We can also share your successes and ask for advice. Sign up for Best Practices in Assessment.
- Nov. 12: Customize your Online Classes – Learn some useful and fun tips and tricks within OAKS to enhance your abilities to customize your online class. Sign up for Customize your Online Classes.
- Nov. 19: Creating Google Forms – Learn how to use Google Forms to easily and quickly create surveys, study guides, choose your own adventures and so on. Sign up for Creating Google Forms.
- Dec. 3: Ideas for Deterring Cheating – In this session we will explore ideas on how to prevent cheating on tests, quizzes and exams. We will talk about question types, randomization, Turnitin and Respondus Lockdown browser. Please come prepared to share your ideas, too. Sign up for Ideas for Deterring Cheating.