The College of Charleston has become an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD).
The NCFDD is an independent professional development, training and mentoring community of faculty, postdocs and graduate students from more than 450 colleges and universities, dedicated to helping academics thrive in the academy. Their programs and services help academics establish and maintain work-life balance, create broad networks of collegial support both on campus and off, and increase writing productivity. Their Core Curriculum is “designed to teach you the 10 key skills necessary to thrive in the Academy,” which they define as “having extraordinary writing and research productivity AND having a full and healthy life off-campus.”
To access the College’s institutional membership at the NCFDD, faculty members will need to activate their own accounts:
- Go to http://www.FacultyDiversity.org/Join.
- Choose the College of Charleston from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Activate my Membership.”
- Complete the registration form using your CofC email address.
- Find the NCFDD confirmation email in your CofC inbox and click the “Activate Account” button in that email.
“We encourage faculty to take advantage of the rich and varied resources available through the NCFDD,” says Suzanne Austin, executive vice president for academic affairs and provost.
- The weekly Monday Motivator
- Monthly Core Curriculum webinars
- Guest Expert Webinars and Multi-Week Skill-Building Courses
- NCFDD Dissertation Success Curriculum for advanced graduate students
- 14-Day Writing Challenges
- Discussion Forum for peer-mentoring and problem-solving
- Monthly accountability buddy matches, by request
- Moderated monthly writing challenges
- Full library of previous webinar and multi-week course recordings
Please stay tuned for announcements from Margaret Hagood, director of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL), regarding the integration of NCFDD resources into CETL offerings this spring. If you have any questions or feedback, please contact Hagood at HagoodM@cofc.edu or Deanna Caveny at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any technical questions may be directed to the NCFDD at Membership@FacultyDiversity.org.