In addition to announcing its newest members and its new executive committee, the College of Charleston Staff Advisory Committee to the President (SAC) is soliciting self-nominations for a vacant organizational seat representing executive/administration units.
The new SAC representatives are:
- Hayden Clement, Academic Advising and Planning Center
- Tyrek Foster, Office of Institutional Diversity
- Chrystal Grant, Career Center
- Becca Hodges, Grounds Department
- Megan Libert, IT Portfolio Management Office
- Ty Robinson, Office of Admissions
- Sara Weddington, Department of Athletics
The newly elected SAC Executive Committee officers are:
- Chair: Lindsey Copeland, Institutional Advancement
- Vice Chair: Jeff Woraratanadharm, Information Technology
- Secretary: Kait Lamontagne, Center for Student Learning
- Treasurer: Carolyna Ramirez, Campus Services
In addition, these subcommittee chairs have joined the executive team:
- Communications: Hayden Clement
- Inclusion, Belonging and Wellness: Tyrek Foster
- Professional Growth, Leadership and Lifelong Learning: Brittany Denis, IT Portfolio Management Office
- Staff Recognition and Awards: Carolyna Ramirez
“I was delighted to learn I was elected to serve as the chair of the Staff Advisory Committee this year,” says Copeland, senior director of analytics and database management. “I am very excited to continue to work with such an incredible group of people and so grateful that they put their trust in me as their leader. I cannot wait to see what we accomplish this year. This group has already hit the ground running and no doubt will have many successes to share soon!”
Copeland also encourages staff to nominate themselves for the vacant seat for the 2023–26 term.
The Executive/Administration Unit seat is open to any full-time, non-instructional staff members in the following units:
- Office of the President
- Office of Marketing and Communications
- Office of the Board of Trustees
The self-nomination form is available via Microsoft Forms, and the deadline for self-nominations is 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 1, 2023.
Nominees should be willing to commit to meeting as an entire committee at least once a month and to meeting with their chosen subcommittee at least once a month. Organizational unit representatives are also responsible for bringing critical information from SAC back to their represented units as well as voicing concerns from their division up to SAC. Anyone elected to fill a vacancy is welcome to nominate themselves for re-election for the usual term in a regular election.
Hosting several events throughout the year – including the annual Celebration of Staff where staff accomplishments are celebrated and the recipients of the annual Staff Awards are announced – SAC represents employees across all units of the College, including approximately 1,000 full- and part-time exempt and non-exempt staff members. The purpose of SAC is to advise the president about staff opinions concerning matters of importance to the staff and institution, to receive the president’s requests for advice and counsel regarding matters relevant to the staff, to increase awareness of the staff’s contributions to the College, to promote the recognition of outstanding staff and to advocate for ongoing initiatives supporting employee success and well-being.
Employees must self-nominate by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 1, 2023, for consideration, but if you know a colleague who you believe would be great for SAC, email the Staff Advisory Committee at email@example.com, and a SAC member will reach out to your colleague to encourage a self-nomination.