The special election for the three vacant seats on the College of Charleston Staff Advisory Committee to the President (SAC) is open through 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022. Staff can review the below nominees and their statements of interest on the SAC website and then vote through the online Special Election SAC Voting ballot, which directs voters to the appropriate election. A ranking system will be used to calculate the votes and distinct second/third ranks will be used in the case of any ties.
At-Large Permanent: Organizational candidates will also be considered for the at-large seat for permanent employees. Any staff member may vote for one of these candidates in the permanent at-large election:
- India Ballard, Director of Recruiting and Outreach, School of Sciences and Mathematics
- Raymond Harris, Academic Advisor, Academic Advising and Planning Center
- Kristen McMullen, Director of the Student Success Center, School of Business
- Maria Philpot, Business Manager, School of Sciences and Mathematics
- Sara Weddington, Director of Academic Services, Department of Athletics
At-Large Temporary: Any temporary staff member may vote for one of these candidates in the temporary staff at-large election:
- Morgan Mann, Program Coordinator, Center for Academic Performance and Persistence, Office of the Provost
- Kiora Whittle, Assistant Director of Bridge Programs, New Student Programs
Institutional Advancement: Organizational candidates will also be considered for the at-large seat for permanent employees. Only staff from the Division of Institutional Advancement may vote for one of these candidates in the organizational election:
- Lindsey Copeland, Senior Director of Analytics and Database Management, Office of Development
- Najeema Washington, Associate Director of Alumni Engagement and Career Services, Office of Alumni Affairs
More information about each candidate and why they want to serve on SAC is available on the SAC website. To vote, complete SAC’s online voting form for SAC by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 29, 2022.
RELATED: Read about the new SAC executive committee members and learn more about the open seats.
SAC values the unique perspectives, backgrounds and experiences of all College of Charleston staff and aims to provide representation from all areas of the College to support an inclusive workplace that inspires excellence and innovation resulting in a thriving staff community.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for additional information.